It's that time, friends & foes! Here is the master list of all participants & their assigned photo. This year, each assignment is a link to a photo on Unsplash1
. Please be sure to refresh your knowledge of the challenge guidelines below.
If you signed up and your name isn't here, or if the photo you were assigned has been removed, please let me know ASAP and I'll fix it!( Assignments! )
- As always, all stories must be exactly 1000 words, no more, no less2. Any fandom, pairing, rating or genre is welcome, including crossover, RPF or original fiction. Also, stories may be in any language you like, as long as there are words or word-equivalents.
- The photos are intended to serve as inspiration; the subject of the photo can appear in your story, or any part can act as a starting point -- in other words photos need not be a literal part of the story! Feel free to gain inspiration from the title or description on the photo, as well, or to disregard it, as you choose. In short, just be creative and have fun!
- If the muse strikes, you may write more than one story based on your photograph, but each must be a completely separate story of 1000 words. Your entry/entries can be part of series only if each story can stand on its own.
- All stories should be completed no later than February 28, 2018. Participants may post their stories any time before that, in whatever forum they wish, but you should still post a link here in the community.
- This is an open community, and all participants are free to join it. Participants are expected to either post their entire story here (behind a cut-tag, obvs), or post a link to the story here if it's posted elsewhere. If you have no Dreamwidth presence, I can post your link here for you - just let me know!
- Please use the following header format when posting:
Spoilers: (if any)
You may also include pairings, ratings, disclaimers, author's notes, etc., if you want, but those are not required.
- If you include the picture with your story, it must be behind a cut.
- Participants should tag their posts with both "challenge 16" and the appropriate fandom tag. If the fandom does not exist, I'll follow along behind and create one later; just include whatever you can!
If you have any further questions or issues with your image, please leave a comment on this post!Good luck everyone, and thanks for playing!1. Unsplash is a delightful community of photographers who provide high-quality free photos for use by creative individuals. Some of their photos have different levels of attribution requirements, so please be sure to make a note of them before posting your assigned photo elsewhere. Management is not responsible if the picture's owner comes at you, is what I'm saying. Follow rules and be polite, guys. Both here, and in life generally, really. #goodadvice
2. We operate mostly on the honor system here, so you may use whatever method you like to count your words. As long as that method says you're at 1000 words exactly, you may consider yourself a #winner. (Disclaimer: winners do not receive a prize of any sort, beyond, you know... personal pride or whatever.)